PRESENTACIÓNIn line with the specific objective of the Iberoamerican Terminology Network (RITerm) and previous symposia, the 13th edition of the Ibero-American Symposium of Terminology organizes this edition focusing on research conducted in the context of terminology, translation and the technologies of information and communication technology (ICT).
The next RITerm Symposium, to be held at the University of Alicante on 25, 26 and 27 October 2012, will cover eight thematic panels that will address various issues related to theoretical and applied aspects of terminology, translation and ICT. Of particular interest will be those dealing with multiple applications and implications of these disciplines in the context of Web 2.0, also called 'the social web' .
hat is why we have chosen as the title for this symposium the of "Terminology, Translation and ICT: Social Interaction and Collaborative Work for the Construction and Dissemination of Knowledge".
The 8 thematic panels are:
- Terminology, translation and new technologies (databases, translation memories, extractors of terminology, etc.).
- Terminology, translation and web 2.0 platforms, social networks (networking).
- Terminology and specialized translation.
- Development of resources terminográficos.
- Training in terminology.
- Terminology, translation and linguistics of corpus (methods and tools for the analysis of discourse, applications of corpus for terminology, translation, etc.).
- Terminology and specialized lexical combinatory.
- Terminology and neonímia.
The title of this Symposium is a reflection of the great changes that are affecting today's society, changes that have arranged new ways to interact with each other, create knowledge,and to carry out our professions. Indeed, new technologies of information and communication (ICT) are having a great impact on how to build and disseminate knowledge in society in general, but also, and more specifically, at work, in research and social interrelations in both terminology and translation fields. That is why, in addition to the objectives that we set for this international event, an effort will be made during the event to join the professional and academic world in the areas of knowledge involved in these two communities to build and disseminate knowledge on new theoretical and applied concepts posed by the impact of ICT and the web 2.0 in the disciplines of terminology and translation.
This symposium marked as objectives the following:
- Think about the applications and implications of ICT on the academic and professional contexts related to terminology and translation.
- Encourage the implementation in common academic, professional and research experiences in relation to terminology, translation and ICT
- Discuss and consider new academic and professional settings that arise in the information society and knowledge.